1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A couple of questions

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Bass_masta16, Oct 3, 2008.

1. First question..
    Ok, so first off, I plan to get a Geddy Sig. and people tell me the tuners aren't very good, so whats a good brand of tuner I could look into? Preferably black.

Second question..
    If I got the Geddy, I would put a Audere JZ3 into it, how long would the battery last if it was, say an Energizer 9 volt with about 1-3 hours of use per day?

Third question..
    What would be the best kind active pup for a rock band, I don't want to spend too much, but I was looking into some EMG's and some Basslines, but I am unsure right now. And if I were to get some Basslines, would I have to put a battery and a place to put it for it too? (I don't know much about this stuff)

Forth question..
    Where would I be able to get a black pickguard for the Geddy.. I know that something is different on it, like the pup positioning and the amount of screw holes and their positioning or something, and I've looked on pickguards.com or whatever it was, and I couldn't find one that would match it.

Fifth question..
    What would be a good set of flat wounds to put on the Geddy for a really low, flat, bassy tone.

Can anyone answer some or all of these?

Thanks
    Bass Masta :bassist:

2. XylemBassGuitar

XylemBassGuitar Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 14, 2008
    Durango, CO
    Owner and Operator, Xylem Handmade Basses and Guitars
    Hi Bass_masta 16,

I can't answer all of the questions, but here you go:

1) Any tuners that have an 18:1 gear ratio or better are usually pretty good. Hipshots are really nice, as are the Gotohs that are 18:1 or better.

2) Not sure...

3) Any active pickups will require a battery and a place to put it. So, if the Basslines are active, you'll need a battery and you'll need to put it into the electronics cavity, or have a new cavity routed. Fortunately, there are a lot of ways to rig a battery into an existing cavity.

4) Not sure...

5) I really like the Thomastik-Infeld flats, they should give you the tone you describe....they do cost a pretty penny though...

3. Once again, you come to the rescue :p
    Thanks again