1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A Couple of Relics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by plangentmusic, Nov 12, 2010.

1. plangentmusic

plangentmusic Banned

Jun 30, 2010
    Manhattan
    Living together harmoniously. lol

Not really THAT old, but going on a quarter of a century!

Actually, I was asked to post a pic of the P on another post and wasn't sure it would upload. Since it did, I figured I'd share this since I know many of you are aficionado of both of these basses -- even though the lovers are often opponents! : )

A 79" 4001 and an American mid-80's 62' re-issue. (Though I'm still trying to determine the exact year and whether it's a Fullerton).

Just a crappy phone pic, but you get the idea.

These are most likely the only basses I would never sell under any circumstances. (Unless I got a 62' P from 1962 -- if I ever find $20,000 in spare change -- right after I buy that copy of Dectective comics #27. ;)

Attached Files:

2. dwm74

dwm74

Nov 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Burst w/tort P-bass...Didn't care for that color scheme at first, but lately it's been growing on me, big time. That one looks sooooo warm and so cool at the same time!

3. plangentmusic

plangentmusic Banned

Jun 30, 2010
    Manhattan

Thanks. The burst/tort is the classic Jamerson combo. If he used a black one with a pink pg I think that's what everyone would want to own! lol!

Yeah, that bass was one of those baby's that as soon as my hands touched it, it spoke to me. I dare anyone to tell the difference between that and a real 62' in regard to feel and sound.

Paid 350 bucks for it. $250 for the Rick. :eek: