A couple of songs from our forthcoming album [metal]

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by eyvindwa, Oct 10, 2011.

1. eyvindwa

eyvindwa

Aug 1, 2007
    Oslo, Norway
    Hi guys 'n girls!

We have justed finished the mastering of our forthcoming album, and it would be cool with some feedback from my fellow bass players. Genre is progressive-ish extreme-ish metal :D

Check it out:

Overseer:

Woebegoneness:

Recorded with my Warwick Thumb NT5 tuned G C F Bb Eb (courtesy of the lovely Circle K String) through an Ampeg SVT for tubey grit and a Hartke HA5500 for solide state clarity. Overseer also employs an MXR Auto Wah, and Woebegoneness makes use of a Micro POG.

Enjoy, and let me know what you think!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  2. GrooveWarrior

GrooveWarrior Supporting Member

Bass was kind of buried in the mix, but then again, I always want more bass. Sounded like some components from old Coroner and Deicide in some of the riffs, which was cool. Vocals seemed a little squashed in the mix, but pretty cool overall.

3. eyvindwa

eyvindwa

Aug 1, 2007
    Oslo, Norway
    Thank you for your feedback! I'm kinda suprised that you think the bass is buried, but then again perhaps I have just listened to it too much, haha :)

Coroner are great!

4. GrooveWarrior

GrooveWarrior Supporting Member

I'll give it a listen on a better system when I get home from work.

5. Nah, i dont think the bass is buried. But it may be that im on a good sound system.

6. eyvindwa

eyvindwa

Aug 1, 2007
    Oslo, Norway
    The album now has a release date, 3rd of April 2012! Final versions of two songs are online:

Entropic Death:

Overseer:

Cover artwork:

DISKORD%20DYSTOPICS%20front%20cover.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  7. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    Cool cover art

8. eyvindwa

eyvindwa

Aug 1, 2007
    Oslo, Norway
    The album is out! A couple of quotes from the first reviews:

* "DISKORD are practically dripping with authenticity" - HeavyMetal.no (8/10)
    * "The music is delivered with an infectious energy and great conviction ... I especially enjoy how audible the bass is in the soundscape." - Metal Music Archives (4,5/5)
    * "Diskord references Autopsy's atonal downbeat doom and Atheist's technical upbeat metal" - Natt & Dag

If you like it, get your copy from our label No Posers Please! on CD ($12) or Vinyl ($13,5).

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021