1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A couple of sweet guitars ...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by 4Mal, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    These are both players. They have been modded. They have been played. There are scars... they are both setup for .010's and they both play really well. Great in fact. The pickups are all from Pete Biltoft at Vintage Vibe Guitars. As usual with Pete's stuff - they sound amazing... both are seriously fine sounding guitars.

Scars are documented in the photos. What you can't really see on the Tele is a very sligh router slip at the bridge pickup. There is a slight elongation of the pickup hole that peelks out from under the bridge. what looks like a dark spot is really a space... doesn't affect tone or playability in the slightest. Tele has fretwear in the second through 5th frets. I don't feel it playing but it's there. A crowning is in order at some future point. That's on your dime though ...

Shipping is tough to estimate these days so each guitar is price WITHOUT shipping. I get a slight discount on Fedex ground and will pass that along. You pay shipping at actual.

Paypal is OK.

CONUS for now.

No cases, no bags.

Mid 80's Fernandes Tele. MIJ. Purchased in the early 90's from a fellow in Denver from the TDPRI site. It had the scars when I bought it. Use in my studio since then.

Pickups are Vintage Vibe CC Rider in the neck (blade style P90 with super gucci shielding) Vintage Vibe 52 hot in the bridge. Cloth wrap over full copper shielding. Steel base plate installed, copper base plate included. This guys has hot rod Tele all over it. Back off the volume and it's sweet P90 jazzy in the neck, early Gretch in the combined position, and spanky sweet Tele in the brdge position. Crank the volume control and you're back in gnarly blues land which is where I perfer it to be :D

Kluson tuners are recent. neck profile is radiused, fast strat. Thinner and shallower than a typecal Tele. This is a ripper of an axe!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

$365 plus freight
    Bridge Pickup
    Neck

Note, neck pickup was ordered 'square' rather than dog-ear. This is one of the advantages of working with Pete. Just like the 'King, you can have it your way :)

The PRS SE Soapbar II. Some previous knucklehead expanded the bridge pickup route and stuffed a cheap full sized humbucker in there. That was replaced with the cream P90's you see in the pics. Pete's P90's just rock!
    Frets on this one are fine with little or no discernible wear. There are super easy playing guitars with a lot of LP Special vibe about them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

$365 plus freight

Vintage Vibe Guitars P90 Pickups are the freakin' BEST!

To wave off the inevitable... trade bait ... both guitars towards 1 really good solid body guitar. MIA G&L would be most interesting though I'm ope to other brands like fender. Would consider 1 for 1 for some of the Tribute models. we can talk cash depending on what your guitar is... OR Lakland 44-02 with fretted maple neck, 44-01 lined fretless, MIA Stingray fretted. Godin Acoustibasses always get my attention if they aren't beat...

Note I am looking to keep the values in the ball park a couple of hun apart - no big deal - my preference is to, trade up. If you have a quadrilliion A top PRS with Birds humping Dragon inlays, probably we aren't gonna make that happen ... though you never know, those inlays might get a look at my next trad country gig ...

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I also have a MIM P, CAR with Pearloid white guard, bA-II, MIM J neck, new Chromes. Great backup to your main. 1 chip in the CAR finish. I could easily trade all 4 for 1 good guitar... Start your own rehearsal studio or pawn shop ! All for the peice of a good Strat!

Up in the GFS shortly!

3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Bumpin' up a couple of very nice playing guitars!

4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Sendin' it high!

5. BadJazz

BadJazz Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Eugene, Oregon
    "If you have a quadrilliion A top PRS with Birds humping Dragon inlays, probably we aren't gonna make that happen ..."

Made me laugh! Free bump!

Also, I only count three guitars.

6. logans59

logans59

Jul 1, 2012
    Kennesaw, GA
    PMd

7. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Replied, still available

8. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Still here, still sweet!

9. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Would combine the Tele and the PRS towards a decent 5 stringg. L2500, 55-01, etc... Forsomething really choice, my Godin A6 be play as well

10. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Tele is pending!

Buyer is providing mixed signals. This is still available.

11. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Cool axes, free bump.

12. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Thanks.

A unique feature of the P90's and the CC Rider is that the mag's are swappable. Want it hotter ? Drop in a ceramic set. Want a warmer yet articulate sound, go Alnico 5, warmer and more 'old' sounding ? Anico III. I have at least 2 or 3 alternate magnet sets to include. I take about 5 min once you unstring the guitar. Takes a small screwdriver.

13. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Bet yo sweet axe!

14. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Pre'Bay bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.