A couple old Bass Traders that got G.A.S

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hounddog, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    There were a couple old G.A.S. striken Bass traders down the road and one of them bought a cheap bass for $75.00 he put new strings on it and the other old bass trader came over and said how much for the bass. ( G.A.S. ) He said well I put new strings on it so I want 150.00 he said OK and bought it. He took it home and put a new nut on it, adjusted the neck and set the intonation. The other old trader came over and picked up the bass and said wow this thing plays much better how much.( G.A.S. ) He said $300.00 so he bought it. He took it home ,Removed the paint and put a natural finish on it. The other old bass trader showed up and said wow that thing is beautiful. How much to buy it back. ( G.A.S. )He said well I have a lot of time in it I want $600.00 he said fair enough and bought it back. He took it home and replaced the pickups and put a new pick guard on it. The other old bass trader came over and said wow that thing sounds great and looks better. How much.( G.A.S. ) He said well these are top of the line pickups and the new pick guard wasnt cheap.$900.00 he bought it. Took it home and put new tuning keys and a new BA bridge. The other old trader said wow that gold hardware is awesome I have to have it back.( G.A.S. ) He said $1200.00 he buys it. He takes it home orders new Exotic wood knobs. The other old Bass trader comes over and said those look beatiful on that bass. I didnt know knobs could make that much difference. ( GAS ) How much to buy the Bass back ? He said $1500.00 He bought it. That week his cousin who lives in another city showed up and said WOW I love that Bass. I have to have it.( G.A.S. ) He said well you can have it for what I have in it. $2000.00 well he bought it. About a week later the other old Bass trader showed up and said. Hey man wheres the Bass. He said I sold it to my cousin. He was shocked and replied : You Dumb Ass we were both making a good living off of that thing.
  2. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I really wanted to follow this. Honest, I did. I made it until about line 3 though......
  3. nastyn8c

Feb 7, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    funny - that's good stuff
  4. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    If you think that's something, you should see what goes down in Mulkeytown! :D

(inside joke for those from Southern Illinois) ;)
  5. haha read it all, and it made me laugh! good stuff! for some reason though the mental image i had in my head of the bass in that story was a beaten fender jazz, don't quite know why!
  6. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    Hm, I was thinking Precision :p

Nice story :D