Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Couple Short Songs

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Dee Wurthy, Feb 2, 2004.

1. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Dee, the links are timing out. I can't get the songs to download.

2. Hmm. Everyone on my MSN messenger seems to get it working....Anyone else w/ problems?

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Nice tone on the sax.

I like the bass solo too, pretty neat, I especially like the 'mario' -esque section near the end.

good job.

jeff probably couldn't get them to load because angelfire probably has some heinous bandwidth limits, and if you had just shared the files with a bunch of people on MSN messenger, then posted them here, the MSN people sapped your bandwidth.

4. Thanks. That means a lot coming from a guy whose musicianship I respect. I plan on taking the last part of the bass track and bassing (heh heh) the rest of it on that.

It took me a while to think about the bandwidth thing...(duh)...I don't usually use Angelfire and I didn't even think about the constraints. (For gods’ sake, I'm a Webmaster!)

Hopefully I can repost a finished (AND POLISHED) version of the Bass track. I have started coming up with some pretty cool changes! I apologize for some sloppiness in technique.

I have really taken bass full force for the past couple years, after realizing that there is not too much of a market for saxophonists. There is way too much competition, and hardly a demand for it. Oh, well...I still love it. Almost as much as playing bass!

I really hate the outlook for real musicians.

5. embellisher

Finally got the first link to work! Very nice. I am listening to the bass solo now, and liking it as well.

BTW, I am moving this to Recordings.

6. Hmm...Should have figured that was where it belonged. I apologize for the inconvenience.

7. embellisher

No problem.

Check out my band's mp3s!:D

www.luciddreamer.net/music.html

8. Sweet. Representing the good things in the world. I really like the bassline in "I'm so Happy". Its a lot groovier than what you would expect in a song like that. Thank goodness it's something other than the usual repetitive root note.

9. embellisher

Thanks for the comments! Repetitive root notes suck! Most of the time, anyway.:)

10. Dee Wurthy, embellisher............I really like the work you both have done, are you going to contribute one of your songs to the TB sampler?? You should consider it.

Dee Wurthy, I'm looking forward to hearing the update with the real bass line!

[​IMG]
    Treena

11. Haha. Cool smilies...

Thanks! Do you know of any deadlines for such a project? Sounds like a pretty cool goal to set.

12. Yeah, somebody has to hold down the low end sometimes. Kinda like my Pep Band gig. Heh heh. (I don't care if they don't hear the nuances....I can! :p)