A couple vintage stock jazzers anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassJunkie730, Sep 19, 2005.

1. BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Check this one out.

36K you know I might just live in a box and take this next year's salary and get some basses.

Seems like someone really needs the money.

What is your take on people that let these beauties go up for sale, let alone on the bay?

I always figured such instrument were priceless - so trying to sell them is somewhat pointless -the guy should just sell them to a museum or something.

I guess its more reasonable than a 100K beatle bass right? at least I get 2 basses.

May be buy both keep the better player and put the other in a vault and sell it in 10 years when the vintage market starts demanding big prices on early 90s instruments :rollno: :eyebrow:

2. AGCurry

Jun 29, 2005
    Kansas City
    Well, I'd like to have them.

But priceless? I don't think so. To me, the only truly priceless instruments would be ones which offered something unique and unobtainable anywhere else, e.g., a Stradivarius violin. And even those have prices.

I don't think of anything built in my lifetime as priceless. They're mass-produced instruments, of approximately the same interest to us as an early Corvette might be to someone else.
  3. I dunno AG...early Jazz or early Corvette...early Corvette or early Jazz... :meh: I'd be hard pressed to pick one or the other! :D