Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

a/d converters in zoom MRS-4

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by negative57, Jul 30, 2002.

1. ok well i am thinking about buying a zoom mrs 4 its only 230 at music123.com, but i cant find its bit rate ( i think thats what i mean) on the site they dont have it or in the manual, they do have it for the better model, the better model is 24 bit conversion. i am thinking the converters stink so they dont list them, well anything is much appreciated thanks

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  3. thats an "ok" sampling rate right? i dont know much about the tech end of this? by ok i just mean a some what sellable demo

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    That's not sampling rate, that would be 44.1 kHz, etc.

CD is recorded with 16bit resolution and 44.1kHz sampling rate, so if you record with 20bit and 44.1 kHz, you'll do ok. But don't expect it to sound better than CD. There's more to it than spec numbers.

5. thanks, again i dont know anything abotut he numbers but i am trying to learnt o understand

6. im also trying to learn to type