Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Daring Transition For the Ampeg

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by =w=Bassist, Feb 10, 2005.

1. =w=Bassist

=w=Bassist

May 22, 2004
    I Was Wondering if this would be feasable.

Technically my ampeg b3 biamped combo could be split.

Separating the head from the cab and retolexing them making and easier to transport setup.

Much like this one but older (June 1995), it had about a 1.5"- 2" space inbetween the amp and the cabinet, sparking my interst in this project.
    [​IMG]

2. UnDoNe

UnDoNe

Dec 6, 2002
    UK
    i have nothing to add other than weezer rocks

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I would say that if you're comfortable with wood working, to build two separate, yet appropriately sized boxes from scratch and save the intact Ampeg cabinet for the future.

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    Those are cool combos. I think freaky fender has one just like it and that thing sounded great. honestly, i can't see a huge benifit portability wise just because of the low profile of the head. I could see it for some of the 210 combos out there where the head plus the extra wood end up being 3-4 rack spaces high, but IMO, not in this instance.

5. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    If you read the Combo Amp Megathread, you know that there are some guys who love those big combos. How about just selling it and getting a nice head/cab setup?? ;) ;)