Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

a day in the life of a talkbasser

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by soundofphysics, Jan 8, 2001.

1. soundofphysics

soundofphysics

Jul 17, 2000
    so what cd's you guys listen to today
    waht books you read??
    waht tv you watch
    what food did you eat etc.

today i listened to
    stan getz/kenny barron- people time
    harry connick jr. trio- lofty's roach soufle
    charlie parker/ dizzy gillespie- bird and diz
    wynton marsalis- the majesty of the blues
    doors- la woman
    alice deejay- who needs guitar anyway
    cannibal corpse- the bleeding
    radiohead- the bends

as far as books (yes despite what people may try to tell you bass players do in fact know how to read)
    i took out the birth of bebop (a social and musical history) by scott deveaux from the library yesterday.

i didn't watch a lot of tv, but i saw some crappy movie on stars about a blind woman who solves a murder, and then the ken burns jazz thing on pbs.

for dinner i made steak topped with ziti and tomatoe sauce with garlic bread.

how 'bout everybody else, lol the trivial stuff can be fun sometimes.

2. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Music:
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Wild Cherry
    Commodores
    Alotta radio

Books:
    Some book on philosophy, like a huge volume with long articles on different subjects...read mostly about Man, Angels, Chance...

TV:
    None, don't watch TV

Food:
    Berry and cheese danish w/ milk for breakfast
    Turkey sandwich and some lil fried chicken thingies w/ Pepsi for lunch
    Fried chicken strips, corn, stuffin w/ water for dinner
    NO SNACKS!!!

Activities:
    School, played bass, played Majora's Mask for 64 but don't really like it :eek:, took a shower, then got on TB

Sleep:
    I got up at 7AM this morning, plan to go to bed around 11PM or 11:30PM, get up again at 7AM

Jay

3. Up at 5:15 am.

Slimfast shakes for breakfast and lunch at work, with some Wheat Thins to give my tummy something to chew on :)

Music I was playing at work: Rage Against the Machine (first CD), Cowboy Junkies, Puracane, Morcheeba, REM, U2's new one, Depeche Mode, and Dire Straits.

Off at 2:30...to the gym!

Home at 3:45, hop online for a few minutes, check e-mail, check the Fender Forum and here....

5:00 to 6:15 Practice my bass.

6:15 to 6:30 eat some bean burritos for dinner w/milk.
    Oreos for dessert :D

6:30 to 8:00 Switch from my RB5 to my new P-bass and play along with CDs, playing favorites and ear training/learning new songs I haven't figured out yet.

Online till bedtime....TV doesn't come on often for me during the week. I do watch more on the weekends, especially at night as I can stay up late.

Book reading at bedtime: usually look thru The Complete Guitarist, read some back issues of Bass Player, The Bass Book, my videogame mags :D

[Edited by Slaphappy on 01-10-2001 at 08:30 AM]

4. Music: Nothing today. lol

Movies: Live Cannibalism, Metallica Interview, Army Intelligence (shut up it was on tv)

Books: White Gold Wielder (last book of the double trilogy by Stephen Donaldson of Lord Fouls Bane)

Food: A sandwich, ham and cheese,
    A bowl of Ice cream ohh with Chocolate topping u gotta have that! :p

Merls

I lead a boring life, but hey i got band practice tonight! woohooooo

5. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    *Get up around noon
    *I then parooze the internet for job listings (I am a college grad who cannot find work) and then say to hell with it
    *I then go to my favorite musics sites, like talkbass, and then check my e-mail, hoping my ex has replied to my e-mail begging for her to come see my next gig. I am a loser.
    *I then masturbate.
    *brekfast and a shower are the next thing in line for the day
    *So about 2 or 3 I head to my buddies house (my guyitar player) and we ride around town hitting the bookstores, music stores, etc.
    *We eat dinner at our singer's house, who has a family so she actually cooks.
    *we then head out looking for women at Wal-Mart or the local mall. we never find any.
    *I drop him off, hit the neighborhood pub, get drunk, and then go home.
    *I watch Howard Stern and then go to bed.

6. Lemme be the first to say "JWC you are a true musician" lol
    Ahh since when do budding musos have respectable jobs, a girlfriend who is willing to be second place to oh that beautiful bass?

Merls