A double woohoo!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TK65, Mar 29, 2003.

1. TK65

Jan 16, 2003
    Well, I finally received my Carvin BB76P (finally? 6 weeks for a custom-built instrument isn't that bad!), and on the same day, received a Carvin LB76 Anniversary model that I kinda impulsively bought off their website. That marks the only time in my life I've ever gotten two of something in one day! :D

Both of these basses are just wonderful - I couldn't be more pleased with them. These are my first adventures with more than 4 strings, and I was a little concerned about fingerboard width, "floppy-B-string-syndrome", and all sorts of other things - but I have taken to them quite naturally, and am actually surprised how easily I can transpose things in my head to take advantage of the extra steel. I wish I hadn't waited so long to go 6 - for years and years, I thought of more than 4 strings to be unnecessary - OK, I can admit when I'm wrong.

Anyway, the specs: Number One is a Bunny Brunel BB76P, black stain on quilt with burst edges and solid black back, 5-piece maple/walnut neck, piezo bridge, dual HB6 alnico pups. Incredible tonal variety with those electronics. Perfect balance - better than the LB76A - guess that's thanks to the long horn.

Number Two is an LB76 Anniversary model - alder body, flamed maple top, and walnut center, with a 5-piece maple/walnut neck, and an HB6 alnico/J99 single coil pup. Totally different sound than the BB (which is what I was hoping for).

Now, back to playing!

Carvin Bass Museum
  2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Congrats on the new sixers, tk. Enjoy.
  3. Hmmm to me, it sounds like you are incredibly disappointed with your BB....

SOO I'll accept a donation!:D :D ;)

J/K. Those are both really hot...someday I may be forced to order a Carvin...either a LB20 or a BB76P like what you've got...amazing score tho!
  4. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Sweet basses. The thought of getting a Carvin 6 string is always in the back of my mind. One day when I have the money, I will get one.
  5. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Double the sweet from me...Very nice!!!!!! Good score man...

*runs off and hides....G.A.S. really bad+
  6. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    those are beautiful! I'm a huge carvin fan, always glad to see someone enjoying their fine instruments. That black stain burst looks great too! congrats, enjoy em!
  7. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    You need more fretli though, Kevio.
    I think a TBS fretless would be the epitome of minimalist. Kinda the opposite of your collection! :D
  8. TK65

Jan 16, 2003
    What color? White, like the original? No, I guess plain maple would be as minimalistic as you could go...but I think that might be pushing it! I kinda wish the TBS4 had at least a modified body style, or *something* to make it stand out - something more than a single volume knob, anyway...

And thanks for all the kind words - I shoulda gone six a long time ago!

Carvin Bass Museum