Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A dream home thread... Awww

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Well I've been bored all day today, instead of practicing I vedged out infront of the tv and settled upon MTV. Needless to say that's when you know you're bored enough to want to kill yourself... again. But I actually got an idea from Cribs. :eek: So us all being musicians most wanting to make it big in the music world. What would you do if you had the money of a sold out, record heaving string monkey to build your ideal home?

I want to live in a home that looks like a fun house on the inside, a hallway that looks like one of those rotating tubes that goes to the back rooms, and a padded bed room. I'd hire graphitti artist to paint the living room and hallway with a huge hypnotic circle in the middle as well as other designs in black and white all over the cieling and floors for the living room and have the tube shaped hallway painted so it looks like it's on the inside of a human so when you walk down it, it will look like you're being given birth to. Well that's it so far... I think I'll add to it being as pathetic as I am...

What's yours?

2. I planned this out a long time ago in a drafting class:

2 buildings, both 2 stories, connected by a 2nd storie hallway/bridge. Bottom floor of building one, main entrance, living room, kitchen, dining room, rec room. Top floor, 2 bedrooms, plus a large bathroom. Bottome floor of Building 2, large workshop, and large recording/sound room. Top floor, master bedroom, and another large bathroom.

The garage would be semi-detached, and under the bridge would be a nice garden.

Oh, and this is post #5100, if anyone cares.

Rock on
    Eric

3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Hmmmm...

A four car garage and at least four second floor bedrooms (the house would be divided into thirds, with two bedrooms in each outer third and an indoor swimming pool, complete with a sauna and a jacuzzi, in the middle third). A kitchen, dining room and living room, set halfway between the basement level and the first floor. A full basement, with workout room, theater and game room and a separate utility room and at least three full bathrooms (one of them a master bath, in the master bedroom, of course). I'd also like a separate building in the backyard, complete with a stage, PA and all instruments and a full bar, for hosting parties and booking gigs. I'd like the entire complex to be built with as much wood as the law allows (think: Ski lodge or log cabin-esque) and to be as secluded as possible. Throw in a nice little pond and I'd be happy as a goose eatin' grapes!

4. Id buy Wyoming and kick everyone out.

Then, after the 3 of them left, I'd have all of Wyoming for myself.

That or Id live in a circus, and pay people to be always performing. GOd I ove circuses.

5. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    My dream home would be...As you walk into the foyer you will have to cross a little bridge over the indoor swimming pool. I want a huge kitchen and a large island for me to cook. I want my home to be four floors. The top floor will be for my honey. That will be his recording/playing studio. Lots of window and a balcony to walk out side to get fresh air. Basement will be the reckroom, lots of storage space, a huge master bedroom w/a fire place, formal dining room, a parlor for guests, and about 5 bedroom each with its own bathrooms, so when I have guests, they can have complete privacy, oh yeah...I would also become a foster parent to teenagers.;)

6. Nope., I 'd keep my house the same ..maybe a bigger pool and bowling lane or two...:D

7. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I would have 3 separate buildings set up like this.

.-----.
    --.--
    The top left corner (building 2) would be devoted to music and arts. Recording studio, stage, seating in the back. the top story would have arts rooms for my woman. She loves to paint and all that.

The top right corner (building 3) would have all the bedrooms. Master bedroom and very large bathroom on the 2nd floor. The first floor would have 4 bedrooms and 2 baths. with a rec room in the middle.

The bottom dot in the middle (building 1) would have kitchen, swimming pool, formal living room, and dining room. The kitchen, the living room, and the dining room would be surrounded by a swimming pool. this building would have a very very high roof.

The whole house design would be very modern, with lots of glass and shiny metal.

8. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Before I spend even a cent on a stick of gum, my parents get a house. Without them, I'd have nothing.

9. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    My current house is fine, but if I had the money Id add a 10 car garage and a dragstrip in the backyard.

10. jieshi

jieshi

Mar 26, 2002
    i'll let the one i love most decide ..
    and one for my parents !

11. Just a normal house. I don't really go for the over the top fancy things.

12. that is sweet jazz.
    my house is ok, however, i would like more room.
    my hubby and i would like a ranch style house, with a huge kitchen and an island, in the middle, enclosed, a pool. 4 bedrooms, storage space, 2 car garage. i want a library where i can disappear and read, my sons would like that to. a basement for hubby and boys to play music and have the game systems there. have a place for the kids and their friends to hang out. i already know how i would decorate the basement. sigh, dreams, without them we have nothing. :) oh and my sister in her own home.:p

13. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    I would have a fairly large house with at least 5 bowling ball ejectors built on the roof.

14. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Hey miss thing...I am trying my darndest to move out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p ....I still love ya...sis;)

15. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Just an average looking house, but it needs a BIIIG basement... with two-car garage, a large recording/rehearsal room with separate control room, a vocal booth, separate cubbies for miking amps, a computer room, and a large home cinema room.

Oh yeah, a kitchen and some bath rooms would be nice too...

:)

16. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Word. :)

17. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    A medium-sized cottage in the middle of the New Hampshire woods. That or a castle.

18. Gia says, "i want a room with loads of glitter in it and sequins and more glitter and fabric paint and a big sewing machine which would be painted pink sparkly and i could customise and make clothes and bags in it." So I'll add that to our house... We both want a studio but she wants her own with plane white walls with pink stars that she can write all of her lyrics on, in pink... and I think she doesn't want it to be as complicated as I would like mine to be. I want a wall full of synths and remixing devices in mine, as well as a full arsonal of filters, ditortions and signal processors to do what I will with. I'd like to add that my living room will be on a split level and will have stair cases all around.

It always changes when you get your sugnificant other involved. :rolleyes:

19. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Tell me about it. I'm a complete minimalist and my "significant other" is far from it, so my bathroom is filled with butterfly things, my kitchen is filled with apple things, and so on. Then again, she has to deal with my basses being strung about and my studio having cinderblock shelves.

20. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I want a medium sized house, with two stories and a basement. 3 bed, 4 bath (one in the basement), a cutaway/loft style second story that looks out over the first floor.

The basement would be a kick ass practice room/studio. Soundproof, put in digital drums, then get a bunch of headphones, and hook everyone up to the board...voila! Almost silent practice, assuming there are no horn/percussion players. Just soundproof for vocals!

Don't need much, just a living room, bedroom, computer room, and a library/study. I think my dream house would be about 200,000. Or less.