Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A dream of Fodera

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Requiem, May 17, 2001.

1. Requiem

Requiem

Feb 26, 2000
    Costa Rica
    Hello friends,

I am a bass player from Costa Rica and I have always dreamed of having a Fodera Monarch 4str. bass guitar. I played Victor Wooten's Monarch bass at his Bass/Nature Camp last year, and let me tell you it blew me away. It's exactly what I want and need. I'm saving right now, but I don't know which is the best way to get it. My question is:

Where can I find a Fodera classical VW Monarch Bass 4str. for a really good price!!!?

And how can I ship it to my country, that would not be so expensive, as far as taxes and other stuff goes?

I ask you this because you guys KNOW bass and stuff so please help a very fanatic-costarrican-bass loving-player.

Thank You
    Bassically YOurs

Requiem

2. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    Requiem, Try bassgear.com There is a Vic Wooten model there right now. Call David Beasley at Fodera. He
    may be able to find you a used Wooten model.

I am not sure how to get it into your
    country without paying and arm & leg in duties.

By the way, a guy I work with was at the camp last
    year. His name is John Yates.
    Good luck!

Dan (Also a Fodera owner..."pricey but worth it to me")

3. Requiem

Requiem

Feb 26, 2000
    Costa Rica
    hey thanks man,

Im going to look at those places and try to contact the person you reffered to me from the fodera.

Thank you again.

By the way I do know who he is, mostly for his emails.

4. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    if you find a private party selling one ask if they are willing to say they are shipping it to you for modifications,repair or something like that. you'll save some cash in shipping that way.