Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Drum Manchine or an Effects Pedal!?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by alien533, Nov 18, 2002.

1. alien533

alien533

Feb 21, 2002
    London,England
    I'm in a bit of a dilemma about what to buy! Should I get the Alesis 16 Drum Machine or the digitech bp200? Does the digitech bp200 come with drums? If so is it any good? Or should I get them both :)?

Please help me ....:) Thanks

2. I am not a big effects guy so I can't help with that but your drum machine of choice is probally the best one I have owned.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    what are you wanting to do with the drum machine?

If you're wanting to use it as a live backing tool, have great drum sounds and program songs, you're better off with the sr16. You can get a used one on ebay for uder $100

If you want something to play along with while you're practicing, and you'll probably practice to a couple of set beats, the bp200 should be good enough for you.

4. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
    would a drum machine sound fine ran through 60 watt bass amp? Im not asking if it would sound loud... just if it would work..:)

5. a drum manchine would be sweet, Kind of like a robot-guy that plays the drums in your band... Imagine a drum machine that played REAL drums...
    oh the possibilities.