1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A/E Bass action

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by handlax14, Dec 8, 2002.

1. handlax14

handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    Connecticut
    hi all,

I just got a JB Player Acoustic Electric bass adn i love it. but the action is really high. is there any way that i can lower the action? also what does GAS mean? thanx

pgk

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I would suggest that you bring the bass into a guitar shop and have someone there who knows what theyre doing adjust the truss rod. Its not a bad idea for you to watch and ask what he's doing so that you might learn to do this adjustment on your own, but for the first time I think you should have a proffesional take care of it.

If the action is still high alfter adjustingg the neck to a reasonable curve, then you should ask about lowering the saddles. Thats a less tecnical job that you could do on your own, all you have to do is file down the saddles, but just be careful. I dont think you should resort to this untill you have tried the first.

GAS means Gear Aquisation(sp?) Syndrome. Bassically, whenever you see a killer piece of gear and all the sudden feal incredible urges to get it.

Peace
    Nick

3. handlax14

handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    Connecticut
    thanx a lot. sounds good to me.

pgk