Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A/E Bass action

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by handlax14, Dec 8, 2002.

1. handlax14

handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    Connecticut
    hi all,

I just got a JB Player Acoustic Electric bass adn i love it. but the action is really high. is there any way that i can lower the action? also what does GAS mean? thanx

pgk

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I would suggest that you bring the bass into a guitar shop and have someone there who knows what theyre doing adjust the truss rod. Its not a bad idea for you to watch and ask what he's doing so that you might learn to do this adjustment on your own, but for the first time I think you should have a proffesional take care of it.

If the action is still high alfter adjustingg the neck to a reasonable curve, then you should ask about lowering the saddles. Thats a less tecnical job that you could do on your own, all you have to do is file down the saddles, but just be careful. I dont think you should resort to this untill you have tried the first.

GAS means Gear Aquisation(sp?) Syndrome. Bassically, whenever you see a killer piece of gear and all the sudden feal incredible urges to get it.

Peace
    Nick

3. handlax14

handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    Connecticut
    thanx a lot. sounds good to me.

pgk