1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A/E Bass Guitar Vs. Electric

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jewbass, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Jewbass

Jewbass

Apr 30, 2009
    New York, NY
    I'm a teenage bassist with two basses, an ibanez AEB acoustic electric and a completley obscure 1970 kimberly bass. I've had the acoustic/electric for about a year, but i'm thinking of selling it. I like it and all, but I'm really striving for a fender j-bass, and i want to slap some flats on it for a really nice tone.

First of all, is this a smart thing to do, and secondly, where can i sell my acoustic/electric for a good price?

:hyper:

2. schnigges

schnigges

Jun 29, 2008
    luxembourg
    Fender J + Flats = Tone wonderland :D while you're at it just think about a fretless J if your interested in learning it. I just finished jamming with my friend, and the tone of the J with flats just kept amazing me

3. Jewbass

Jewbass

Apr 30, 2009
    New York, NY
    Cool, so actually I feel like i want to keep my acoustic/elecrtic, but in the future i definetley want a fender J-bass. Do you know anything about flats on an a/e bass? I'm guessing that it would be pretty sweet because of the resonace in the bass itself.