1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A fair price?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fletz, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    I was walking on Carmine in NYC yesterday morning after a meeting for my real job and came across a used guitar shop. In it was a 1986 made in Japan Fender p-bass in Steve Harris blue. It was clearly a well played bass because it had scars a plenty on the body but it was in very playable condition. It had a few solid nicks in the tail and the neck wa worn but in good shape. Action seemed good. The question I have is e had a price tag of $650 on it. Seems high, no? What do you guys think. In thinking of another p-bass and this one keeps rolling around my head.

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

That's a bit on the high side considering the wear. $500ish or so would be more in line.

3. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    with a case?

4. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    It's an OK deal. Those 80's MIJ Fender are fantastic. Rival the MIA stuff of that time period IMO. I payed over $500 (shipped) for my CIJ Precision...but it's newer

I'd try to throw them an offer if it really speaks to you...could be a great playing/sounding bass.

5. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    I don't think it comes with a case. I might ask if he'll take $400 and see where we land.

6. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Definitely a fair deal if he doesn't have a case for it...