Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A FAQ...How do I get a photo to show up in a post?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rickreyn, Sep 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    How do you all do this??:oops:

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    If you use MS Internet Explorer/Windows:

When in post-writing mode, press the IMG button, and in the popup window that comes up, write the URL of the pic you want displayed. If the picture is attached to a post here at TB, the URL can be retrieved by right-clicking on the link in the post and choosing "Copy Shortcut", and then in the aforementioned IMG popup window right-clicking again and choosing "Paste".

If the picture is elsewhere on the internet, right-click, choose "Properties", in the dialog window that comes up, select the URL displayed by dragging and releasing with your mouse. Right click over it, select "Copy", and then in the IMG popup window right-click again and choose "Paste".

This really should be in the newbie FAQ if it isn't already. (I can't seem to find it??)

4. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    My thanks to Oysterman for his help.

5. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    I had figured it out prior to starting this thread, but had used the "http:// button instead."

I figured everyone was attaching a photo, thereby putting it on the TBass server, then copying the address and putting it into the post.

Now I know. That will be all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.