"A favorite Polish for Electric Basses?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Nov 18, 2002.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I am currently using Dunlop 65. Is that as good as it gets? Or is there a better polish for about the same price? And... Why is another Better? Just want to know, thanks.
  2. I always just used a little lemon oil everytime I change the strings. Never seemed necessary to pay more for any type of guitar specific polish.
  3. I use Mr Sheen furniture polish. DOes the job for me. Havent had a complaint yet.

4. Grygore

Oct 25, 2002
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I use Endust on mine....
  5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    A tiny bit of Murphy's Oil Soap very diluted in water will work wonders for cleaning, as will Virtuoso Premium Cleaner. For a polish, I use Virtuoso Premiem Polish. The Virtuoso stuff is more expensive, but I think it's more than worth it to get an instrument looking like it just came from the factory.
  6. Or you could go for that Punk metal look and not clean it at all... :rolleyes: heehee

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I have a bottle of Gibson USA Guitar polish that I bought in the 1990s and has lasted me over 10 years!!

It has been worth every penny - other household polishes run out quickly and cheap stuff is a false economy - invest wisely in good stuff and it can last you for ever!!