1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A Fender jazz with 2 controls?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sharpcut, Jun 5, 2005.

1. sharpcut

sharpcut

Apr 11, 2005
    Finland
    Howdy,

if someone has a copy of the 2005 Fender catalog, check out the page (can't remember what page number it was) where they advertise the Rumble series amps. You can see a sunburst Jazz leaning to an amp, and if I remember correctly, the bass only has two control buttons. And I was just wondering what type/series of Jazz that is? I was under the impression that all Fender J-basses have at least three knobs?

If I remember incorrectly, forgive me, it is five in the morning here in Finland and I'm trying to spend the last hour of my nightshift... :oops:

2. mark hoppus?

3. sharpcut

sharpcut

Apr 11, 2005
    Finland
    Just checked the Fender website and the Blink bass doesn't seem to come in sunburst, any other ideas?

Tomorrow I can scan the pic and post it here so you'll get a better idea of what I'm babbling about.

-sharpcut

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Probably a '62 Reissue with stacked knobs. It's got a volume and tone for each pickup on concentric pots that generally look like there are only two knobs.

[​IMG]

5. sharpcut

sharpcut

Apr 11, 2005
    Finland
    That's probably it, thanks!

What is the pricerange for such a bass?

-sharpcut

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    About $1300-1400 USD.

7. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    i seen this 2 knobs stack control plate on ebay! ithink its around 80.00 $$ :bassist: