Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Fender jazz with 2 controls?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sharpcut, Jun 5, 2005.

1. sharpcut

sharpcut

Apr 11, 2005
    Finland
    Howdy,

if someone has a copy of the 2005 Fender catalog, check out the page (can't remember what page number it was) where they advertise the Rumble series amps. You can see a sunburst Jazz leaning to an amp, and if I remember correctly, the bass only has two control buttons. And I was just wondering what type/series of Jazz that is? I was under the impression that all Fender J-basses have at least three knobs?

If I remember incorrectly, forgive me, it is five in the morning here in Finland and I'm trying to spend the last hour of my nightshift... :oops:

2. sharpcut

sharpcut

Apr 11, 2005
    Finland
    Just checked the Fender website and the Blink bass doesn't seem to come in sunburst, any other ideas?

Tomorrow I can scan the pic and post it here so you'll get a better idea of what I'm babbling about.

-sharpcut

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Probably a '62 Reissue with stacked knobs. It's got a volume and tone for each pickup on concentric pots that generally look like there are only two knobs.

[​IMG]

4. sharpcut

sharpcut

Apr 11, 2005
    Finland
    That's probably it, thanks!

What is the pricerange for such a bass?

-sharpcut

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    About $1300-1400 USD.

6. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    i seen this 2 knobs stack control plate on ebay! ithink its around 80.00 $$ :bassist: