Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A few EH BMS questions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jeff Moote, Oct 20, 2002.

1. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    I am probably going to get a BMS in the near future, but have a few questions.

Firstly, what are it's footprint dimentions?
    Next, how bad is the bypass?
    What power does it take? Is there an input for an adapter?

Thanks.

2. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I had a Bass Microsynth for a while. I don't remember the footprint, but it was fairly large.
    The bypass is fairly bad. The pedal had a lot of tone suck (part of the reason I got rid of it). It has it's own power supply (at least mine did).

The biggest reason I sold mine, was it was too hard to get the sliders all set in the correct positions.
    It would have been a lot nicer with pre-sets. Also while the synth sounds were nice, they all kind of sounded the same to me.

3. Jeff Moote

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    OK, maybe BF can measure his. I'm pretty set on the sound, but its the changes to my chain that I'm worried about. Thanks

4. :p sure thing

It's a pretty bulky pedal—as said, but it's only 7x6... it's allot like having two Boss Pedals. For power I use a 24V AC adapter which they threw in when I bought the pedal.

5. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    It seems that all EH pedals suck out you tone when turned off. My Big Muff did. WHY?? It's such a shame as they are good pedals.

6. Jeff Moote

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Ok, thanks BF and all. It will fit just perfectly between the side of me pedalboard and the bassballs. As for bypass, I'm going to add a FET bypass to my entire setup, to bypass everything but my volume pedal.

7. The bypass is a good idea as the insertion loss is the only drawback on the EH peadls cuz I love the sound. Currently mine is on a rack tray and I am running it on a loop with a Q-tron, Octave Multiplexer and BMS and controling it with a mixer so I can mix in dry bass. The power supply should be supplied and the wooden box is pretty nifty too. Get a back up pwr supply they really aren't that expensive.