Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Few Old Pics...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Golden Boy, Jan 16, 2006.

1. I got a hold of some old pictures, since I don't have a scanner I just took pictures of them.

My old '68 EB-2

[​IMG]

My basses and guitar and amp circa 1988-90.

[​IMG]

And a couple of me playing bass in my first real band, circa 1986.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And, yes, that is the canvas carrying case for a Black and Decker drill.

[​IMG]

2. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
    Is the drill lying on the same marshall amp from the picture?

3. You have 2 of my favorite basses of all time

Congrats I guess

But I'm not really happy for you as much as I'm terribly jealous

4. Nope, the one on the bottom.:)

[​IMG]

5. Well, you have one of the best forum handles of all time! But the Rick and the EB-2 are long, long gone.

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    What's the story on the tele...I don't know if I've seen a pickguard like that on a 70's...

7. steve21

steve21 Banned

^ It's the '72 Deluxe, comes in a RI now, I believe...

8. The only other ones I'd seen until the reissues were Keith Richards' brown one, Tom Cochrane's and Dave Pirner's. The controls are set up in the same postion and same function as a Les Paul. The wretched pickguard shape is just to cover the routs made to put the controls where they are. This guitar came with the Fender/CBS implementation of the 3 bolt neck design. The idea is great, instead of having to shim the neck, just turn an allen screw in the neck plate. Well, Fender/CBS did a horrible job of making that work, the tolerances were so bad that if you were playing somewhat forcibly, the neck would shift and the entire guitar would be out of tune. Fortunately, a slap upwards on the neck would put it pretty close to back in tune. It really gave a bad stigma to the 3 bolt design. I have a 3 bolt G&L L-2000 that's completely solid, but they had to change the design of their neck joint JUST BECAUSE of how crappy Fender/CBS did theirs. I also understand that the neck joint on the new reissues is done to much better tolerances.

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    That case for the Gibson looks like a rifle case. :eyebrow:

Oh yeah, and you have a PM!

10. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I'll tag along with this one, GB.

You got a head start on me on the bass, I was playing violin
    around that age.