1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A few questions from a lefty...

Discussion in 'Sadowsky Basses' started by Addison, May 10, 2010.

1. Addison

Addison This time, I didn't forget the gravy. Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Bismarck, ND
    Howdy to Roger and all...

I've been gassing for a lefty Sadowsky for like... I dunno... 15 years. I'm seriously considering ending this GAS once and for all and simply pulling the trigger.

My goal is something like this:

http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/view/5237.html

or something like this:

http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/view/5466.html

I'm really looking for that ash/maple 70's vibe... so I might go plain jane/meat and potatoes over the "eye candy."

I'd have to sell my two USA Laklands to make that happen, but... that's for a different thread! :ninja:

So, here are my questions...

1.) What is approximate current build time, and do lefties add to that time?

2.) Do you ever do necks with blocks and binding? If not, why?

3.) How are the pickups spaced on your Vintage Series? Are they more like 60's or 70's series Fenders... or are they somewhere inbetween?

4.) Would you rather I just call there instead? I didn't want to take anyone's time away on the phone if my order might still be a few months out.

Thanks!

Also... Roger, I wanted to thank you. I'm sure you have no recollection of this, but I talked to you a few NAMM's in a row back in the later half of the 90's about lefty basses inparticularly and you were always so nice and willing to spend time talking to me, even though you had a dozen other people tugging at your shirt-tails.

At the time, I was a budding "rock star" (came close but it never panned out) but a guy remembers that sort of thing.

So, yeah... thanks!

2. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    Addison,

Thanks for your kind words.

1) Current Build time is 8-10 months. Sorry it is so far out right now, we are doing are best to catch up.
    2) We will shortly be offering block inlays, but not binding. I will post a photo here and on our site as soon as we finish ou first bass.
    3) We do 60's spacing standard....70's is available as an option.

Roger

3. Addison

Addison This time, I didn't forget the gravy. Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Bismarck, ND
    Hey Roger!

AWESOME on the block inlays!!! Wow... decisions, decisions! Which direction to go?!?!

:hyper:

I'll be looking forward to the pics... and that will give me a little time to figure out exactly what I'm going to do.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to reply.

-Chris