a few questions.....?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by let_your_soulfly, Jul 31, 2000.

1. let_your_soulfly

Jul 28, 2000
    hey ppl, im a new member but ive been reading alot of the threads, and alot of you guys are talking about your fav bassists. Personally at the minor age of 16 i have no clue who Jaco,Larry Graham and victor wooten are... can someone please tell me what group they play in or are they solo artists and mention a few songs.

Also can some people mention a few good 5 string artists(plus their group and a couple songs) and finally, what are some kick as$ 311 and incubus songs??????

Thank you in advance to all the people who responded.....and by the way i think les claypool is amazing
  2. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Jaco Pastorius is arguably the greatest electric bass player of all time. In the late '70s and early 80's, he played with Weather Report (a jazz-rock ensemble), as well as being a successful solo artist and band leader in his own right. Unfortunately, he passed away in 1986. RIP.

Larry Graham was one of the pioneers of slap-style bass playing. He played with Sly And Family Stone in the late '60s, and later led his own band, Graham Central Station. He plays with Prince quite a bit now. Very funky.

Victor Wooten is one of the most popular bass players around at the moment, especially in the USA. He plays with Bela And The Flecktones, and has also released a few solo albums. He has one of the most advanced slap techniques in the world, but his music is an acquired taste (in my opinion!).

If you would like some more information about these musicians, or want to know about some other great bassists to check out, you just have to ask. Everyone on this site will be willing to help.

[This message has been edited by David Benyahia (edited July 31, 2000).]
  3. JimK

Dec 12, 1999