1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A few "recordings"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Depth_Charge, Sep 3, 2008.

1. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=396798954

I posted up some songs I wrote on bass, then finally transcribed into GuitarPro and exported to .mp3.

They're not great quality and there's no vocals, but I wouldn't mind some feedback all the same if anyone is willing...to me it's OK, but a little boring and maybe predictable.

Oh yeah please excuse the drum lines and guitar chord voicings, I don't play either instrument. And excuse the myspace page I haven't worked out how to make it look all pretty yet :D

Thanks.

2. Wow! are they that bad? :D :D

3. laughing at you - good driving bassline, would sound great with some crunchy metal guitar

phaser jam - stands up on its own pretty well

red cloud - I think the effects got in the way to an extent, there's a good melody in there, but not sure where it's going, starts a little indie (?) then ends up a bit prog ;)

don't know why - love the dissonant bit, again it seems to mix styles, almost getting into a good heavy electronica vibe - go a bit more mental here sir.

grind - afraid this one didn't do a lot for me.

so, yeah - thanks for sharing! I thought the quality was pretty good.

what drum machine/software did you use?

4. for some reason I thought parts were a little like Pelican, maybe their tune Mammoth.

5. Hey thanks, it's always good to get feedback. I'm relieved it's ok at least. :)

I can't say I've heard of Pelican either. . .

I made those tracks in Guitar Pro 5, then exported them as .mp3's.

6. ah I see - I'm not familiar with guitar pro. cheers.