Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

a few suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by jvasquez18, Apr 17, 2002.

1. jvasquez18

jvasquez18

Sep 23, 2000
    S.E. 323, 13
    e-mail to supporting members
    (i.e. embellisher@talkbass.com), a virtual tuner, (if we had one of these i'd never leave the site). and the bass humor and gig stories to become 2 independent nations err forums. mainly because they're so different,and some gig stories aren't funny at all but sad, and deppressing and make you wish you wouldn't play one, thus lowering your bass morale.

2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    what he said

:)

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    well, i don't see why the Bass humour and Gig stories should split but if it's done... i take the Humour forum! :D (sorry brendan!)

but it is true that some gig stories are sad

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

5. Really?!?! How do you access it then?

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    We do?!?!

7. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Only a few of the first supporting members got TalkBass email addresses. It was discontinued for a couple reasons: I didn't want to lose anyone's email in case the TB server went down (or moved, as was the case recently) and I was afraid (especially on the old server) about server loads with hundreds of additional email accounts going.

I may bring @Talkbass.com emails back, but will have to do some research into a reliable web-based email solution.

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Sorry about that, Paul, I didn't realize that you didn't provide email addresses any longer.:)