A Flying V Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stevenmc, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Stevenmc

Jun 30, 2005
  2. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts

:D :D :D :D :D :bag: :D :D :D :D :D

j/k man, I've always secretly wanted a Flying V, don't remember hearing of Vantage before, but the headstock script looks familiar, and I love the Aira style headstock too!!!
  3. I love Flying V basses myself, and plan to buy one oneday- they are made under many different shapes, names, and different brands and you can find many on ebay- I check almost every other day.

As for your Vantage, it's quite cool-looking, though I can't say I know of its history. Kramer, if I recall correctly, briefly made Vantage V basses, but I think those had the aluminum bolt-on necks, and Kramer would always put their name QUITE prominently on the headstock.
  4. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Kramer made some aluminum-necked basses that were *almost* V-shaped. The aluminum necks actually didn't say "Kramer" anywhere on them, though, except some early models had humbucking pickups with that engraved on them.

Anyway, Vantage was a Japanese brand in the 80's. There is one sote about them here: http://www.therathole.org/guitars/models/vantage/vantage.html

I think they were made in what's now the Samick factory, but I can't confirm that.

5. psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    I would consider getting an Epiphone Flying V reissue and swapping in new pickups.
  6. Stevenmc

Jun 30, 2005
    I actually have replaced the pickups. I took out the originals and all the electronics because they were shot and replaced them with Seymore Duncan Quarter Pounder Basslines.
  7. orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Epiphone makes one that i almost bought.

go there and look around in the bass section.