Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Fodera's question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chalie, Apr 3, 2005.

1. I recently bought a 1985 Fodera bass that came with no-logos on the back of the (key)tuners.
    I wonder if Fodera don't have the logo on them back those day or they are probably replaced. What was the OEM of these tuners.
    Thanks .... guys

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

if you don't get a response here, try contacting these guys:

http://www.fodera.com/

Don't know squat about Fodera basses but I'd speculate few bass manufacturers make their own hardware but have someone simply stamp their name on it - if they can buy enough of it to justify the cost - or buy it as is. It's not unusual for both to occur over a production period.

At least I know CF Martin has done it.

I'd also speculate it's unlikely the orignal keys were broken or damaged - which would require replacement. And if so I would think the originals would have been kept with the bass.

In a nutshell, those are the originals in all probabilty. There should be indications of different screwholes if not. Removing one of the Keys should answer your question. There should be one distinct and clear pattern below the tuner with no other screw holes.

3. Thanks,
    I was asking them but I think they were too busy to answer your e-mail