Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Follow-Up to My Eden 410 XLT Problems

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Folmeister, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I posted not long ago about how my Eden 410 XLT had some mechanical failure issues. It has gone through an extensive diagnosis and repair, and I am very upset with what was discovered:

1. One of the remaining drivers was a refurbished driver - we know this as the dust cap was incorrectly glued in place and the cone does not match the others. It was also found to be creased (this may be my fault)

2. The cabinet was, at some time, rewired for 4 ohm (most likely at the factory as the cab came in a factory sealed box) and very cheap wire, that is not the same gauge or manufacture as the original, was used. The work was also very poorly done as there was way too much wire used

It is going to take around $200 to get all of this fixed. I now declare Eden equipment absolute c**p. There is no excuse for this. Once it is fixed, all of my Eden gear goes up for sale.

2. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Ouch. Yeah, I'd be pretty pissed off too.