A followup to that 35k Smith..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I emailed the seller.. Here's my response

Dear aaaed-a-ji,

You asked:
    "No disrespect intended, but are you fecking retarted? 35,000 for a smith? It doesn't matter if it's one of a kind, no one will pay 35000 for a smith, especially from someone with 0 feedback. I recommend dropping the price to about 2000$ and see where it goes..."

None taking the bass belongs to Mr. Clarke who is selling it for his Scholarship fund. He is A living legend. Thanks for your responds

He seems a tad stupid.. I don't think he's being honest.
  2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Not very nice Edward.
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nor i. 0 feedback, psh.
  4. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    The world is your grandma.

Don't ask me what that means.
  5. I think you could of been a little more polite with that. You could of said "I saw the Smith you had up for sale and was wondering if that 35000 was a typo or not. If it isn't, I believe that no one would pay that much for one, one of a kind or not, and no offense, but especially from someone with 0 feedback"

No need to call him a "feckin retarted". It could of simply been a typo and he meant $3,500
  6. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Is it just my language barrier or that reply makes absolutely no sense at all? :confused:
  7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

:rollno: You do see the irony in calling someone "retarted" when the word is spelled "retarded," don't you? What, exactly, did you think you were going to accomplish? Did you think it'd make you look cool on the internet?

Honestly,sending him that email simply makes you look like a buffoon. No more, no less.

The only 'stupid' thing the seller did was give you the time of day with an actual response.....but, you know, I guess there is a chance he'll take your rudely worded, poorly spelled, anonymously sent email to heart, and follow your pricing suggestions.

No disrespect intended....
  8. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I was actually thinking about that after I sent it.. I know it's spelled that way, but hey.. We all make mistakes.
  9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    this warrants a thread...why? :eyebrow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.