A fretless Thunderbird: perfect for jazz!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Wow, sorry guys, I forgot to put "hey, palm it to this Sadowsky" in the title bar. :rolleyes:

2. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Gotta love the string angles on that headstock. Ugh... dead ugly all around
  3. aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    it's a parts bass, not a Gibson.
  4. Thanks for playing! but, yeah, I knew that going in. Not that the "Epi" on the headstock gave that away or anything...hahaha

I was simply pointing out the absurdness of pushing the "great for jazz" angle repeatedly for what is essentially a hard rock bass. The origin was secondary.

I'm not so ignorant as to say that you cannot play a tbird ina jazz setting, that would be wrong...odd thing to do, but wrong of me to say. BUT, I bet dollar to donuts the seller simply / only equates fretless with jazz music (erroneous), hence the remarks. And I think that is goofy.

Ta da!

5. aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    that's cool, mon. there's alot of baseless Gibson bashing here and so I thought I'd point out the obivious just in case. no offense intended.
  6. Aw, no worries, I was just messin with ya...I know I come off like a dink. :D

And yeah, the Gibby bass bashing is tired. About as tired as all the Sadowsky threads. And I like Sadowskys.
  7. I've played jazz with my bird...