1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A fretless Thunderbird: perfect for jazz!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Wow, sorry guys, I forgot to put "hey, palm it to this Sadowsky" in the title bar. :rolleyes:

;)

2. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Gotta love the string angles on that headstock. Ugh... dead ugly all around

3. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    it's a parts bass, not a Gibson.

4. Thanks for playing! but, yeah, I knew that going in. Not that the "Epi" on the headstock gave that away or anything...hahaha

I was simply pointing out the absurdness of pushing the "great for jazz" angle repeatedly for what is essentially a hard rock bass. The origin was secondary.

I'm not so ignorant as to say that you cannot play a tbird ina jazz setting, that would be wrong...odd thing to do, but wrong of me to say. BUT, I bet dollar to donuts the seller simply / only equates fretless with jazz music (erroneous), hence the remarks. And I think that is goofy.

Ta da!

Mon

5. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    that's cool, mon. there's alot of baseless Gibson bashing here and so I thought I'd point out the obivious just in case. no offense intended.

6. Aw, no worries, I was just messin with ya...I know I come off like a dink. :D

And yeah, the Gibby bass bashing is tired. About as tired as all the Sadowsky threads. And I like Sadowskys.

7. I've played jazz with my bird...