Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A friend did a music video 4 us...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Son of Bovril, Mar 23, 2005.

1. http://www.16stitch.co.za/download.htm

Thought someone might be interesting in whats happenning in South Africa's rock scene...

both extremely low budget videos, we busy with a DVD at the moment - will give you guys a preview as soon as its done...

:bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

2. WOW

Hi-quality stuff this is! Videowise I mean. This is filmed and edited at a high level I must say. Are you guys big in South-Africa?

Musicwise it's not really my thing but I guess you wrote quite a powerful and catchy tune that could get some nice airplay imho.

3. Nice ! I like it :)

4. I wouldn't say we are really big in South Africa, but we are one of the bigger hard rock bands in the country. A big commercial Rock band sells about 35000 albums here (with alot of radio airplay), so the scene is still pretty small... We've only sond about 3000 albums.

5. @phyrexian: I wish! - that song will never get airplay on a major radio station here, they don't play local hard rock at all. On varsity campus radio it does well though...

6. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    Wow. I was downloading and got impatient and watched a little bit of it. My jaw DROPPED when the band came in! I thought you said it was poor quailty! If thats poor quailty in South Africa show me some good S.A, videos!

Tell your friend he's going places!

Can maybe tell use the process of making a video like this? Maybe what you did for locations and stuff? I'm very interested in film.

7. The trick is to have friends in the video industry, or to find a new video company "hot shop" that has just opened up - they are always looking for good bands to do videos for so they can then use them on their showreels to get more video work... I don't think either of our videos even cost us R5000 which is about $1000 US - maybe you guys should come over here and shoot your videos!?

besides, a vacation in Cape Town for a week or two wouldn't hurt anyone either!

8. darthpony

darthpony

Mar 17, 2005
    South Africa
    Yup.
    There are a lot of aspiring video-producers and photographers here that use bands to build up their portfolio.

It's a beautiful relationship. We get videos/photoshoots for free, they get something to put on their CV ;)