1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A "friend" is putting on a fest, charging $25 to get in, and not paying bands...

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by glocke1, Oct 31, 2013.

1. glocke1

glocke1

Apr 30, 2002
    PA
    Thats the risk you take as a promoter…

Honestly, the idea of bands not getting paid at festies like the one my friend put on is bogus…

Over the summer I played another local music fest and was told I would get paid. I drove 90 minutes to get to this place, waited around for 4 hours to play because there was some kind of delay, and ended up not getting a freaking dime..

Why? Payment was based on the number of tickets my band sold. Something that was not told to me beforehand. One of the guitar players took possession of the tickets and promptly gave them all out to his friends.

Seriously, I like playing music…but I draw the line at the point it starts costing me money to got put and play…(in this case it was amount of money I was out in gas, which was about 20 bucks).