Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Friend of mine is marketing these.......

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Funkee1, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Funkee1

Funkee1

Jul 19, 2002
    Texas
    Hot Dotz

They are mod-free LED fret markers for bass and guitar.

Cool, huh?

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Looks like a neat invention. I may partake!

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sounds a wee bit like spam to me ;)

But they look cool. I'd rather have the Sim's though so I can have them on the frertboard :p

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Hmmm. Interesting idea, but I wonder if adding two, or three, AAA batteries to the headstock will affect neck dive.

5. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    That site hurts my eyes. Cool idea though, not sure how practical it is for stage playing. I think I'd worry about the battery pack coming off and flailing around taking my $60 LEDs with it. That's just my luck tho..

6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Hehe, seems like he's not the only one marketing them ;).

EDIT: WOW! After looking at them, these are pretty awesome looking! I'd love to try some out...I can smell a birthday present coming.

...in November :bawl:

7. Funkee1

Funkee1

Jul 19, 2002
    Texas
    Well, I told him I'd start threads for him at HCBF, Talkbass, ebassist and Ugly Bass Player.
    Just trying to help.
    I hope this isn't against the rules......... :bag:

8. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I shouldn't think so, it's the same as posting about a new bass or amp. And it's at the very least an awesome looking product that I would very much like to use.

9. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    I'll be ordering a set of red and a set of blue coming up next month if all goes according to plan. I will give a full report if I wind up purchasing them.

10. Very cool! Those are a great idea. I might get some for myself someday. :D

[​IMG]

Regarding the spam thing, I don't think this qualifies. If the poster just joined up to post their message and then left for good, yeah, but as far as I'm concerned, if regular member of this board has some news of some new on-topic product as interesting as this one, post away.

- Dave

11. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    No "Trace Elliot" green LEDs :bawl: Tell the man I need green ones!

12. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Man, I'd buy those by the dozen!

13. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    That'd be awesome! I want to wait until I get my Geddy to put 'em on that (I do have a blue fretted bass that's been modded to hell though). Luckily, I just applied for a job, which means if I get it, then I get money -- and thus, the Geddy will be mine mucho earlier.

14. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I will be at Summer NAMM with some hotdotz on my Blue Adler 8 string.

15. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    These appear to be strips that run down the top of the neck, facing up towards the player. If this is true how do they know where to light up?

16. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    That's why they ask for the scale length of your bass.

17. I like how it warns you that the "hyper blue" lights are "excessively bright." Honstly, how bright are they if they actually have to warn you?

18. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I think they're just saying that so no one uses it in an orchestra pit where you aren't supposed to be seen.

19. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    The brightness needs to be adjustable. If I could get super-dim lights, I'd be all over this.

20. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    Is there any chance that he will make purple? I reckon that would look cool on my seafoam green burst Carvin (If I keep it) I'd probably get some. pretty good idea! Are they complicated to instal or anythign?