1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A funny thing happened on the way to...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Biggbass, Mar 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Reading the thread "A funny thing happened on the way to band practice" got me to remembering
    a funny thing that happened back in the days when I owned a VW Bus. A lot of good times were had
    with that bus, and maybe some of the best years of being young and loving music were spent with the old VW. Here's one of the funnier memories...

back around 1980 or so;

It's a beautiful Saturday morning and I'm in the VW Bus, headed out to pick up a friend to go to the local shooting range. I had recently purchased an AR15 and was about to go to the range to shoot it for the first time. So I'm headed across town and had the rifle laying in the open, on the floor between the two front seats. As I am nearing my friends house I come to a red light and stop. The radio's set to the local AOR station and I'm just rockin' out in my own little world ,enjoying the ride. Suddenly, the passenger door opens and a pleasant, somewhat roundish lady of maybe 60 yrs old climbs up into the passenger seat. She had a couple of bags of groceries and apparently thought I'd stopped to give her a ride. She is mid sentence with gratitude for the ride when she's about to lay her two bags down on the floor between the seats and sees the AR15 laying there. What followed was 20 seconds of hilarity as she quickly, but politely declined any offer of a ride and backed out of the VW wishing me a good day and rapidly saying something that sounded like The Lord's Prayer.

In the long run I didn't keep the AR15 for very long and the old bus caught on fire and burned to a cinder as I was sitting at the drive thru window at the bank, nearly burning down the bank, which is another story...but I've hung onto the memory of that lady climbing into my bus at that intersection for decades.

Got any "funny thing happened on the way to" stories that aren't gig related? Post 'em here!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  2. DavetheDude

DavetheDude

Nov 28, 2014
    Germany
    Haha!

Old people stories are the best! :)

3. I was driving into work in the port of San Diego from Northern San Diego.
    I had been drinking Thai whisky & beer with the Thai family I was living with at the time.
    The closer I got to work, the worse I felt.
    Finally, right at the last stop light to get into the port, I opened the door, vomited abruptly onto the pavement, closed my door & drove into work.
    I felt a lot better once I threw up.

4. DavetheDude

DavetheDude

Nov 28, 2014
    Germany
    So, what exactly is funny about that?