Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Garbage Man's Hearse

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Electricmayhem, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    I saw this in the newspaper today: Johan Kuijft was a Dutch garbage man who requested that his casket be taken away in a bright orange garbage truck. I'm not being disrespectful or poking fun. I just think he had a cool idea. What's your dream hearse?

RIP Mr. Kuijft.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    The Weinerschnitzel-mobile!

-Mike

3. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    My dream hearse?

Hooows abouuut.......a 50 foot tall robot! :D

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I want my corpse flung out to sea by a trebuchet; on fire. So, I guess a boat mounted trebuchet would be my ideal hearse. :ninja: :bassist:

5. I want to be carried hundereds of miles by a small person to be dropped into the Cracks of Doom...but if that's too unreasonable, possibly the giant robot idea mentioned earlier.

6. I'm liking that giant robot idea, but maybe that could be toped by rolling off on my final drive in a Jet propelled Yugo ;) :D

7. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I plan on buying the most inaccessible piece of land I can afford and build on and have a giant shrine built in my memorial...

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Y'all plan on dying?

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Not permanently.

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

"Well, I got better..."

11. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I've told my wife I will want a viking funeral and to send my fretless Jazz with me.

I am also considering donating my body to science. Hmmmm Helps train new doctors and saves money on that whole burial thing.

Or I could do like Rodney Daingerfield and donate my body to science fiction.

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'd like to be sent into a decaying orbit around Earth, so my distenegrated ashes would be scattered over whole continents, which seriously one-ups those "spread into the ocean" guys.

Either that, or have all but my skull cremated and mixed with paint, then applied to a bass. It'd be a working testament to getting no respect. The skull would then be stripped clean and mounted on a handsome display case for a mantle. "That there is ol' Gramps Brendan's skull, and there next to it is hims and his bass." If my offspring failed to think that was neat/funny, I will have utterly failed as a father (whenever that happens).