Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Geddy TYPE jazz????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RealBK, Feb 11, 2003.

1. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Hi, I love the Fender Geddy Lee bass but the neck is just to thin for my taste. I LOVE the look of the bass so the question is this. Do Fender (Japan) make a Standard type Jazz like the geddy model? Black with block inlays?. Would it be wise to go and build a Fender 75 type bass using Warmoth parts? Block inlay neck, black body etc?

2. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
  3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I built a Warmoth Geddy Lee a while back & it was a really nice bass!!!!

Why not buy a USA 75 RI. Last I checked, it was avalible in the Geddy color scheme.

4. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Ive wanted a five string maple neck with black block inlays for my Fender as long as I can remember. Oh! Matching black headstock too. :eek: :bawl:

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Sounds like a job for.....

......WARMOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

6. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    The vintage late 70's Jazzes have a deep U shaped neck that's thicker than the 60's and early 70's originals and japan reissue basses, and it feels very comfortable. I don't know if the current US made 75 reissue trully has the same U shape neck replicated to it or not, so it would be worth investigating. Yes, you can get a '75 reissue in the same color scheme as a Geddy.