1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A general consensus...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by llamalor2112, Mar 19, 2009.

1. llamalor2112

llamalor2112 Banned

Sep 18, 2007
    ...that is what I want.

For those of you who have used or owned the two of these pedals please post. (I don't want any "__" is better comments).

I am talking about the Boss ME-50b and the Korg AX3000b.

I keep hearing that the Korg sounds better than the Boss and it is cheaper. The only thing that keeps me from just bailing in on it is the fact that I really, extremely prefer to have the simple turn the knob to the setting you want and activate with the stomp style programming of the Boss. However, if the Korg is so much better than the Boss in the tone department, I guess I could overlook the former.

Anyways, just wanting to get a general consensus of the quality of sound and build and the ease of use of both these products.

2. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    ive a/bed them. the korg is FAR superior. honestly, the only chorus that is as good as the ones in the ax3000b is the analogman.. and the analogman only lets you adjust the speed/depth- the ax3000b (one of its best features) is that every parameter is open to you. its a phenominal unit, the only thing id change is the bypass, its worth getting a loop for it. the envelope filters are top notch (got a friend of mine to replace his q tron for an ax3000b for the filters alone) the synths are pretty good, not as good as the korg G5 / deep impact, but a 7 out of 10 perhaps.

its reverbs/echos are great too. not the best (unlike the modulation section) but better than expected from a $200 unit. another awesome use for this thing is the strange screeches and such you can get if you asign the expression pedal to the pitch of your pitch shifter, or the frequency of the ringmod-some real moogerfooger ish stuff, if your up that alley.

the only effects that are flat out not good enough to use are the distortions (digital..yuck.)

i cant say it enough, get an ax3000b. IMO the boss is incomparable to this thing..

3. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    "___" really is better.

4. llamalor2112

llamalor2112 Banned

Sep 18, 2007
    hump de bump

Noone else?

5. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I've got the AX3B and I have owned the Boss GT-8B.

I favored the Boss as far as the distortion goes, but I much prefer most of the Korgs effects otherwise. I like the octaver, synthbass, filter(!), and delay on the Korg. You can even get some analog echo feedback... on a multi.

Go figure.

6. The Korg would be my preference. If you're trying to save money you could look out for the ax300b. They can be found for well under $100 if you're patient.