Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A good 15" cab to go w/ my Harkte Head and 4x10?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cherrytoner, Jul 25, 2005.

1. cherrytoner

cherrytoner

Jul 25, 2005
    i've owned a couple of different brands (Ampeg, GK, SWR, etc) in the past, but right now i'm stuck with a Hartke HA3000 (300 watts) - which actually isn't as bad as i expected - and a Hartke 4x10 Transporter cab (also 300 watts, 8 ohms). It's not the worst thing in the world, but i do find it to be quite treble-heavy, and i'd really like to find a good 1x15 to round out the bottom. any suggestions that would work well w/ what i currently have? i'd have to look for an 8ohm cab, not 4ohm, right?

2. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Yes you would need an 8 ohm cab to keep from pushing your impedance below 4ohms. This would be bad with your Hartke amp as it isn't set up to work with < 4 ohms impedance. At least my HA2000 isn't so I figure the 3500 is the same way.

3. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    why not try out a Hartke 15" cab? At least they will match and you won't have to worry about your amp getting ruined

4. cherrytoner

cherrytoner

Jul 25, 2005
    well, i've heard bad things in general about Hartke cabs. or maybe i've just been hanging out in the harmony central forums for too long? this is my first time using a hartke rig, and so far it's ok, just the cabs are too treble-heavy.