A good amp between $100-200?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by muffinmafian220, Jan 1, 2003.

1. muffinmafian220

Jan 1, 2003
    What is a good amp between 100 and 200 dollars. Iwant to get one that is loud and would fill a fairly large area.
  2. The only amp under $200 thats gonna fill a large area is a stolen one.
  3. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    A used Peavey TNT.
  4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Sorry man, but bass equipment is pretty expensive.

What do you mean by a fairly large area?

Who else will you be playing with and what will they have?

If you are playing with a band, to fill a prety large area will take more than 100-200 dollars.

Start saving money!

5. Hate to break it to you, but your going to need atleast 500 dollars to fill a room in a band setting. Even then, go used.

I'd reccomend buying an avatar 2x10 or 1x15 cab and perhaps saving for or steal an amp to run those speakers:D

For the 500 I spent on my current hartke 2x12, its not giggable, no way. 2 12s should be, but theres nto enough power there
  6. I'm still getting a 400rbIII and either an avatar 410 or a 210 and 115
  7. redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
    There are decent used bass amps that can be found
    You might take a look on www.musicgoround.com or on ebay.
    Musicgoround is a chain of music stores that specializes in used music equipment. I have ordered stuff from several of the stores.
    Musicgoround is good for those of us that have limited budgets.
    There are many used Peavey and Carvin amps and cabinets in your price range. Used Ampeg and SWR amps and cabinets will run a little more.
  8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Thats because youa re only running 120 Watts into it. I would bet that if you ran a more powerful head into those speaker you would see that 2-12's is enough.

9. Go to the classified section of this forum and post this thread in the "WANTED" section.
  10. bben

Feb 28, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Used Peavey TKO or TNT. But don't expect miracles.
  11. take into consideration its a COMBO AMP with 120 watt speakers. Dude, 120 watt handling in a COMBO. And how am I supposed to run it with a more powerful head genius?:rolleyes:

Yeah, 2 12's sounds really giggable, but in the situation these things are in with only 120 watts (granted, this is your point), what the hell do you expect from it? dude, its a COMBO, I CANT REPLACE THE HEAD. Im sure I can, but that'd just be a waste, seriously.

120 watts isnt giggable for a rock gig. Its handled jazz shows quite well...
  12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I havent actually had experience with this combo, but from my experience with others I could gues that it wouldnt be too hard to get more power to those speakers.

Just find a line out jack on the back of the amp, run that into a power amp, and run the power amp out into the speakers. If there isnt an easy way to get to the speakers, then you might have to open it up, but it would still be alot cheaper than buying a whole new rig.

13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Find a used Peavey TNT, preferably with the Black Widow speaker. Very loud for the $$$, and indestructible.