1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A good amp to power a Mesa Powerhouse 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ba$$, May 30, 2012.

1. ba$$

ba$$

Jul 23, 2010
    AZ
    I am currently running an Ampeg B2RE head into a Mesa Boogie 4x10 Powerhouse amp. It's time for a new amplifier for the cab, as it is pretty old. Any recommendations? Thank you!

2. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Price range?
    Music?
    Tone?

3. That.

4. ba$$

ba$$

Jul 23, 2010
    AZ
    Sorry for the extremely vague OP.

I play mostly reggae/groove influenced bass that requires a very fat low bottom. I am looking for something punchy, loud, but nothing extremely flashy. I am playing small/medium sized venues (bars and clubs) so this is mostly for my stage volume.

The B2RE I use now is decent but it's had too much wear and tear and I'd like a slight upgrade. I am looking in the $ range of around $600 new. This is the only amp head I have ever used so I don't know a whole lot about what different brands have to offer other than the watts they put out. Any help would really help. Thank you all in advance.

5. For $600 you can phat out with a barely used Streamliner 900.

6. ba$$

ba$$

Jul 23, 2010
    AZ
    I like the simplicity of the interface. Thank you very much.