1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A good amp under $100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lonesage, Dec 22, 2011.

1. lonesage

lonesage

Dec 17, 2011
    I'm looking for a bass amp and I'm on a really tight budget sadly. I can't go over $100 and I'd prefer not to go over $80. I've been looking at some good ones with good reviews but I don't know what to get.

Here are some brands I have found letting me know what is a good and trusted brand will help me out. I have found a good behringer, ampeg, peavey and a ibanez bass amp. All of which are either a $100 or under. All have good reviews but I can't seem to make up my mind on this. I play alone in a apartment for now so louder is not better for me yet.

2. Save the money, you can't get anything decent for $100 for band playing or gigs andy you just regret it and need to get something better later. $400 for a used rig is more reasonable.

If you just practice, get any multiFX pedal with headphones out or something similar.

3. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    ampeg practice amps arent bad. but the ba 115 ampeg sucks.

4. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    +1.
    hope you aren't burning for something, this is the best advice. and re: multi fx pedal- you can still use it once you do get to a point that you can buy something else. technically, just about anything with a preamped input- like your computer or stereo- and headphones can work for now, so you really just need to get the right adapter to interface with it. might not sound awesome, but it'll do for practicing. how much do you really need to be amplified for quiet solo practicing?
    it sucks, but "saving" is a better way to go than "settling".

5. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    + Save your money for a real amp. This might not be what you were looking for but check out this link
    Pocket Rockit - Home Page - The Ultimate Headphone Amplifier
    I bought one for my first bass and guitar. They are worth it in fact I still use them 2 years later long after i dumped all the cheap amps in between. Good Luck ......:)

6. OP: To add to your list, GC is selling the Acoustic B10 for $80. Don't know how it compares to the similarly priced Peavey, etc. However, the B10's carrying handle is one of the most foul smelling pieces of Chinese rubber I've ever encountered, so you may want to avoid it for that reason alone.