A good amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jazzin', Jul 13, 2004.

1. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

i have a really good fender jazz, but a small tiny peavey practice amp which i have to use to jam with. its not loud enough. does anyone know of any good amps out there that are small enough to transport around but loud enough to jam with?
  2. Jazzin'

ohh yah, and also affordable.
  3. RunngDog

RunngDog Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Depending on what you're willing to spend, the GK MB150 is a great little amp. 150 watts (though it only runs 90 into the internal 12" speaker) and only 24 lbs. Details here:

GK MB150

I have a used one which I plan to sell shortly. Contact me offlist if you're interested.
  4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i hate combos but both the workingman's 12 and 15 by swr are excellent - see if you can find a used one
  5. Jazzin'

i guess up to 400 canadian dollars.
  6. look for an SWR Workingman 15 on ebay or used around ya...I loved mine!!!! I gigged it for around 2 years now I have a full rig so I leave it to play with and for others to use at my church....

i love that thing!
  7. Jazzin'

i dont want just a preamp, i want the speaker too. ;)
  8. the workingman 15 is a combo (preamp,power amp,and speaker all in one case)
  9. Jazzin'

im thinking of the fender rumble series 60w amp. i'm gonna try it out first and see how much it costs at my local music store.