1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A good buy?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jiant., Jul 6, 2005.

1. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I have the chance to buy a 2002 Fender Standard Jazz Bass for $350 from a guy(he lives pretty close to me, but not so close that I can just go and try out the bass), who has upgraded the pickups to SD SJB-3 Quarter Pounders. This bass is in great condition, and all of the pics I've seen are great. There doesn't seem to be a chip or scratch on it. It also comes with a gig bag. Does this seem like a good buy to you? I've searched the pickup forum about the SDs, and from what I gather, they're rather growly. If this is true, I will probably buy this bass very soon. Thanks and God Bless! -Brad

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

It's a good buy if the price is good. A new Fender Standard Jazz Bass goes for around 400-500US$.

3. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Yeah, definately forgot to put the price. It's $350. Thanks and God Bless. -Brad

4. TheNerdBass

TheNerdBass

Jun 30, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Yes, an awesome buy, the 1/4 pounders themselves cost around $100 for the pair of Jazz Pickups.

5. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Great buy if it is what you want! I don't like J-basses in general, so I would not pay that, but I do realize most would. In the "retail" world, it would be a great price for that bass!!