Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A good buy?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jiant., Jul 6, 2005.

1. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I have the chance to buy a 2002 Fender Standard Jazz Bass for $350 from a guy(he lives pretty close to me, but not so close that I can just go and try out the bass), who has upgraded the pickups to SD SJB-3 Quarter Pounders. This bass is in great condition, and all of the pics I've seen are great. There doesn't seem to be a chip or scratch on it. It also comes with a gig bag. Does this seem like a good buy to you? I've searched the pickup forum about the SDs, and from what I gather, they're rather growly. If this is true, I will probably buy this bass very soon. Thanks and God Bless! -Brad

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

It's a good buy if the price is good. A new Fender Standard Jazz Bass goes for around 400-500US$.

3. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Yeah, definately forgot to put the price. It's $350. Thanks and God Bless. -Brad

4. TheNerdBass

TheNerdBass

Jun 30, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Yes, an awesome buy, the 1/4 pounders themselves cost around $100 for the pair of Jazz Pickups.

5. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Great buy if it is what you want! I don't like J-basses in general, so I would not pay that, but I do realize most would. In the "retail" world, it would be a great price for that bass!!