A good, cheap combo.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fleabass89, Mar 28, 2001.

1. Hello, everyone. I'm looking for a nice cheap combo amp, mostly because I don't really understand preamps, poweramps and all that ohm $h!+. What do you recommend? I want something powerful. I need to be heard in a heavy band with a distorted guitar, so that means at least 200 or so watts. I have a 135 watt amp but it's a guitar amp and my bass sounds all muddy and distorted when I turn it up loud. When I mean cheap, I mean $300 or less. Could this good of combo be possible for such a low price?
  2. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    Secondhand Peavey TNT but dont

Expect a world class tone
    Try to lift it without help
    Tell any posters here that you have it
    Wait for the "wow cool amp" comments
    Listen to Munji telling you to buy an Eden WT300

and lastly dont forget to use the money it earns to buy a better amp.
  3. Carvin PB series? VERY cheap..
    I don't know about reliability, etc. as i've never played one but judging from their site, I would buy one.
  4. I was just at the carvin site, and the one that really caught my eye was the RC210. It's almost $800:(, BUT, regardless, the value (from what i know about it) is just amazing! All those features, 600 watts, in one neat little package. It got good user feedback, also.

There is one that's 300 bucks, but it's only 100 watts. not quite enough.
  5. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Look for that Redeye combo on ebay... you will NEVER find one. People hold on to those amps. Staying inside your budget, I am guessing used peavey is the way to go. in another post I made today I listed some ebay auctions you can check out for some inexpensive used gear on ebay. The tread is called "cheap amp?"