Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

a GOOD, CHEAP wireless system

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by brewer9, Oct 5, 2000.

1. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I finally found a good quality wireless sytem for less than $350.

I tried the Shure Guitarist UHF ($370) and it made my sound tinny. I tried a Samson UHF ($290) and it distorted something fierce. Then I tried the Audio-Technica UHF ($325) and it is perfect!

The Audio-Technica is made of metal, provides the rackmount hardware, and best of all it doesnt ruin your sound.

2. reveille_509

reveille_509

Aug 17, 2000
    I have a NADY Wireless 1001 87.375 MHz I think its great. It only cost me $89.95. It doesnt effect my sound and it actually reduces hum on my amp. Dont know if its what your lookin for but i was just answering yer question.

3. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Thanks for answering my question. well, i didnt really ask a question, so thanks for responding. I never tried a nady, especially not one so inexpensive. based on my experience with the other more costly units i'm sceptical, but heck, maybe i coulda saved a ton o cash.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I got a Shure Guitarist UHF because it was the only one I found that had a frequency range extending down below 31 hz (it goes down to 20). I love it. Mine doesn't color my tone at all.

5. Super Chicken

Super Chicken

Aug 17, 2000
    Hey , Brewer, Were did buy it?????? Not from those SH!T heads a Music Mall I hope. :(

When you find you self in danger or confronted by a stranger you must call on super Chicken!!! BOK BOK!!!!!

6. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Ha Ha! No, definately NOT from those "sh!theads" at music mall. I have a $270 credit at music mall so after i get rid of that i vow never to do business with them again. they do really suk dont they!

Instead I bought my wireless system fromn the sh!theads at Guitar Center in Danvers. I prefer shopping there than anywhere else. Mars is OK, and there is a new salesman at Daddy's in Nashua who is actually cool (a first for Daddy's....i'm sure he'll get fired for not being an arrogant jerk).

7. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Netherlands
    I agree!

8. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I tried the Shure Guitarist and it sounded extremely tinny. To make it sound right did you guys have to "shape" it much?

I dont know what hz my new Audio-Technica goes down to. I'll check it at practice tomorrow night and report back here.

9. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    I like my Shure. The only problem I have with it is sometimes if I leave my bass volume on full up it overdrives the wireless unit. So I have to keep the volume at about 3/4. I've also only had good experiences at Music Mall. I've bought a few things there and sent students there. But I've never had to order things through them either. (Brewer, my casters did come in, the second time the first time they sent the sleeves that get bolted to the bottom of the amp. But Andy actually brought them over to my house as both he and I live in Manchester.)

Chris A.:rolleyes:

10. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Netherlands
    I adjusted the input gain on the transmitter so I can play with the volume on my bass completely open. No shaping is needed, mine sounds just like I'm playing with a cable. I guess someting went wrong when you tried it.

11. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Hey Chris, Andy at the MM is excellent. but he's the only one there who gives a rat's pahoody. The others are slow and uncaring and they rely on their lowell store who also dont seem to give a doop. Andy definately rocks, but the MM in general does not. Sorry. I wish i thought higher of them.

12. JHMAVRO

JHMAVRO

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA
    The dorky looking guy with the glasses, and " Hablo Espanol" on his ID?? He sucks. Talk to big bald tony or John kinney. They allways hook me up. I love Daddys in Nashua but I'd never go to another, they suck bad.

13. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    "The dorky guy with the glasses" LOL!!!! He is the BIGGEST dick there! What an absolute LOSER! The guy with the long pony tail and the glasses at Daddy's is really cool. I seek him out to buy stuff.

14. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    I bought my acoustic guitar at Daddy's Nashua a few years ago. The guys down there are much better than the guys in Manchester. When I'm in Nashua I try to go by just to see what's there. They have a much bigger selection than Manch.

Chris A.:rolleyes:

15. LiquidMetal

LiquidMetal

Oct 14, 2000
    Hey im looking for a good cheap wireless system

the only problem is that I live in the great white north of Canada. and its hard 2 actually find stuff here

any suggestions?