1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A good ear training book

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by greekorican, Mar 22, 2009.

1. greekorican

greekorican

Mar 12, 2009
    I have been trying to move away from tabs and rely on just my ear to figure out songs lately, and I am definitely making progress. I also spend some time trying to learn what intervals sound like. I would like to get a good book to accelerate improving my ear. Which books would you recommend for me?

Thanks

2. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
    Ultimate Ear Training for Guitar and Bass by Gary Willis

3. a_magg

a_magg

Sep 23, 2007
    NYC
  4. nbw

nbw

Nov 10, 2003
    Arlington Texas
    Not a book, however..
    http://www.musictheory.net/

Click on the tab labeled 'trainers' and it will pop up a handful(chord/interval/scale/note, ect ect) interactive training devices to practice your ear training with. I have a hard time sticking with it, but it would be hard to ask for anything more.

*now if there was an application like this for some kind of mobile device, i'd be all over it like Oprah on a buttered croissantwich.

5. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
  6. greekorican

greekorican

Mar 12, 2009
    I have tried remembering intervals by associating them with a song, but I am getting curious about solfege. Do you reccommend it?

7. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo