A good extension cab for my GK MB150.....

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by JoyfulMike, Mar 14, 2003.

1. JoyfulMike

Mar 11, 2003
    Monticello, MN
    I just received my new B112 from Dave at Avatar. Playing through a K & K Bass Max directly (no preamp) into the GK MBE, I'm getting a great tansparent sound out of the B112!

As I play pizz on the bass and gradually add volume from the amp/speaker combo, I only hear a louder sound from my bass, not a different sound!

I always liked the MBE amp, but was never 100% comfortable with the sound from the combo speaker without a lot of eq tweaking. I also felt I needed a second cabinet for more sound in bigger venues, but didn't want to carry anything with two hands.

After shopping the Aguilar 12 cab, Bergantino's 12" cab, and even considering one of Rich Raezer's beautiful cabs, I discovered Dave's web site, gave him a call, and saved myself about $200-350!

It seems to work well for my 6 string fretless, too, but my quest was to get my URB to sound like my URB in a room with 200 people. I think I succeeded!

Can't wait to try it with my other URB, a mid-sixties Kay.

Anybody else have the same results with this cab and/or amp on URB?
  2. Kevinlee

May 15, 2001
    Phx, AZ..USA
    I agree. The avatar cabs are not only a great deal price wise, they sound really good! I purchased a 1x12 cab from him a few months ago, and liked it so much I went ahead and got the 2x10 as well. I now have far to many bass speakers (4x10, 1x10, 1x15, 1x12 and 2x10) Not to mention a couple spares I have lying around that aren't in cabinets. But my plan is one day I will start parting with some of them..... Maybe.

But anyway the avatar cabs are well worth the money and Dave seems like a good guy with integrity.

3. I have the same amp, but use a Bag End 112 ext cab.