a GOOD Ibanez Soundgear!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rafterman, Dec 14, 2001.

1. It's definitely one of the nicer Ibani that I've seen.
  2. ...a ibanez worth buying...??
  3. any ibanez is worth buying
  4. i'll have to disagree...except when it comes to the BTB...Soundgears have horrible stock pickups.
  5. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    this ibanez doesnt have stock pickups in it, the owner replaced them with a set of Barts, so it probably sounds a bit better than a stock soundgear, Its also one of the higher end soundgears I think. Im not quite sure. But overall I do agree with you about the stock pickups on the soundgears, they combined with the electronics they use could be a bit better.
  6. Toony

Jun 15, 2001
    the higher priced soundgears are actually not horrible as is, and with custom pups i'd say likely you'd have a pretty good bass. despite, i wouldn't buy it....just not a fan of the thin neck.

as for the btb yeah that's the only line from ibanez that i feel are really great, but i would'nt say that some of the others such as the edb, and edc lines aren't good. the btb is the best hands down....but the mentioned aren't bad....the necks just suck to me. as a matter of fact, i played an sr3000 prestige yesterday and really liked it....but once more the neck. :rolleyes:
  7. Well as far as purple basses go I think it looks pretty nice and w/ barts I bet it sounds good too. I personally think that the SR3000 Prestige is really nice, the pup's aren't as good as the rest of the bass but its still cool. I'm actually a fan of the skinny wimpy necks, probably 'cause i have skinny wimpy hands.
  8. i jus got an Ibanez SR1200:) :D . Its not purple its natural finish(i think i forgot wut the color is called lol). . anyways this thing is niccce. The stock pickups are a little weak, but its a nice bass.
  9. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    I love SoundGears and they love me.
  10. You always beat me to it!!:D
  11. Cat

Apr 5, 2000
    Penn State
    *** i bought my sr800 in may for $500! i could have had that if i had waited! :mad: