1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A Good Idea???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bass_Machine, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    I was just wondering if you guys thought this would be a good combination of stuff to use:

[​IMG]

WITH

[​IMG]

WITH

[​IMG]

I can get both of these together for £1000. (Round about.)

Do you guys think that this would be a nice sounding/reasonably priced combination? Is it possible to combine this head with this cabinet (I'm really poor at amp stuff like that).

2. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    BUMP.

C'mon guys.

3. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    BUMP

Is it possible to run both these cabs with the LMK II head?

If I could only run one of these cabs, whch would you recommend?

4. kasbrey

kasbrey

Aug 23, 2002
    York UK
    Definitely the Markbass. They are so well matched to the amps.

5. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    I am ordering a little mark on tuesday because of recommendations from this forum. I spend part of my professional life in researching and do the same things with my gear. I heard Jeff Berlin a few months ago and he sounded great with his MarkBass gear. I would think that a company that would put out such great products would then spend a lot of time making sure that thier different components would go hand in hand. That said, you might consider matching the gear and going with the markbass cab. You can easily add another 8 ohm cab anytime to use the full 500 watts at 4 ohms.

6. Peter Murray

Peter Murray Commercial User

Dec 13, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Currently doing marketing and artist relations work for Xvive, and product videos for Markbass
    As long as both cabinets are 8 ohms, you could use them together with the Little Mark II (LMII). That would get 500W out of the head.
    Personally I've never been a fan of combining cabinets from different manufacturers--it tends to result in a less cohesive sound. And these cabinets are pretty different-sounding.
    I just hope you're able to compare and explore the options and let your ears decide.

Cheers,
    Peter

7. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    Yeah, I'm thinking about just getting the LMK -II and the traveller 12 or 15 cab.

Do you know how this would hold out in a live situation? I won't be playing stadiums or anything of the sort (lol) but I'll probably be playing fair-sized clubs and stuff. Would just the one cab suffice?

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 27, 2021